Thursday, July 4, 2013

Coo-coo for Coconut Zucchini

Inspired by Chocolate Covered Katie's post of the day Crispy Healthy Baked Zucchini Fries, I decided to make them even "more" healthy and try a Paleo/AIP version. I knew coconut flakes would make a good bread crumb substitute and I had some coconut flour on hand, too. This was just a small test batch. They are a very delicate and I don't really have much patience for dipping and coating stick after stick. Tasted good, though. I had some "NoMato" marina sauce in the freezer from a few weeks ago when I first experimented with the AIP diet, so I used that for my dipping sauce. (No tomatoes...made with beets and carrots...recipe to follow.)



Coo-coo for Coconut Zucchini
1-2 servings
Protein content for recipe: approx 6g

1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp dried tarragon
1/2 tsp dried basil
salt
pepper

1/2 cup coconut milk

1/2- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes

2 medium zucchinis, cut in strips, patted with towels to reduce moisture

Coconut oil spray (olive oil works too)

400 oven, 20 minutes, turn once

Mix first five ingredients, place in a shallow container for dipping. Place the milk in another container and the flakes in a third.

Dip your sticks into the flour, then milk, then flakes. Carefully place on a baking tray. Spray strips with oil spray lightly and bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes, turning once, spraying again.

No comments:

Post a Comment