Monday, July 8, 2013

NoMato Sauce and Zucchini Pasta

I made this NoMato (no tomato) sauce a few weeks ago and stashed little jars of it in the freezer. I learned about eating plain grated zucchini when I did a raw cleanse a couple of years ago. This time, I lightly steamed the zucchini in the microwave (could have used the stovetop, too) after grating them in my food processor. This was a really simple and really quick meal. Make some of this NoMato sauce yourself and freeze what you don't use right away. You'll be surprised how close it tastes to the real thing, especially after the second or third time you have it. I appreciate not having the reflux I get when I eat regular tomato sauce. If I can eat rice pasta again in the future, I'll enjoy this sauce on it instead of tomato sauce. I'll post my own version of it soon, but for now, I've included links to a couple other sites that have a NoMato sauce recipe

One recipe NoMato* sauce (use 1/4- 1/2 cup per serving)
1 Zucchini, grated use raw or steamed (per serving)
garnish basil

*Basic NoMato Sauce
*Nightshade-free NoMato Sauce Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment