Thursday, July 4, 2013

Red, White and "Blew" It: AKA Beet Mustache Smoothie

For many reasons, this was a photo-shoot gone wrong! I was in a hurry to leave the house (and drink this since it was my breakfast). Most of the shots have a reflection of my tabletop which look like a white mustache. I'll re-shoot the next time I make this. But anyway...here's my "Red Smoothie"or as I might name it..the Red, White and Blew It.

Red, White and Blew It: AKA Beet Mustache Smoothie
1-2 Servings
Protein Content per recipe: approx 3.3g

1 cup water
1/4 cup beet
1 celery stick
1 green onion
3 baby carrots
1-2 cups mixed greens

Optional
ice cubes to make it colder
salt
pepper
natural horseradish for kick (hmm..maybe that's why they call it horse radish!)

Whir in blender til smooth. You can always strain smoothies like this if you just want juice, but then you lose some nutrition and fiber. Or add the strained items to a soup later.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I should have said just the photo shoot was bad, I loved the smoothie. I like beet, but I know some folks can't stand it. I think it might take a while to get used to green smoothies in general. The first one I gave my mom (one I really loved) she said, "Well, it tasted green." I do like adding a little salt to boost flavor, but I don't have any blood-pressure problems.

      Delete