Sunday, July 7, 2013

Plum-Pretty Smoothie

My plum tree is overflowing with plum-tastic-ness this week and you'll see her bounty showing up in many a recipe. I usually take the skin off these plums since it is so bitter (and yet the fruit so sweet!), but I kept it on and I'm glad I did since it makes the smoothie so pretty, like the peppermint chip ice cream of my youth. Maybe my sugar taste buds have reawakened, because this tasted fine without any added sweetener, not even any vanilla.
Plum-Pretty Smoothie
Serves 1-2
~ 9.3g protein per recipe (with nuts)

1/4 cup almonds*
(nut-free version: add 1/4 cup coconut cream or 1/2 avocado)
1 cup water
3-4 plums
1 banana
2-3 ice cubes

Whir in blender. Drink!

*I am on a modified Paleo/AIP diet since I am vegan. In order to increase my protein content, I am using organic non-GMO almonds, white rice and soy (soy-only tempeh, edamame, extra firm tofu) in some of my recipes and in moderation over the course of a week. I will provide strict AIP/Paleo alternatives when I can. The protein content listed is for my modified version.

No comments:

Post a Comment