Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Plum-dilly-ish-ous Cooler

Don't you get bored with water really quickly? I do, even though I know how good it is for me. It's plum week at my house (a big tree, 100-degree weather and tons of plums plopping on the ground), so you may see quite a few recipes that include a plum or two. Fruit is supposed to be somewhat limited on this diet, but hey, when something is in season, (and in your backyard) I say go for it.



Plum-dilly-ish-ous Cooler

2 plums
Fizzy water (your choice)

Mix plums in blender or mash well with a fork. Fill two glasses almost full with fizzy water and ice, add in mashed plum and stir.

My plums have a really tart skin and I should have peeled them first. I'm only on Day 1 of my Project, and I was really wanting to add sugar or agave. I resisted! I'm sure my taste buds will re-adjust and taste the sweetness of plums soon.

Another idea...
Mash up a bunch of plums and freeze in ice cube trays, then just add these "Plum Cubes" to your water. That will help me enjoy these plums far past the week they all fall off my tree!

Ooooh...
Serve with frozen blueberries and a swirl of coconut cream for a 4th of July "Red, White and Blue Cooler!"

No comments:

Post a Comment